Welcome to the
A Zero Proof Cocktail Competition
At Wilderton we believe flavor is all the proof you need and so we are so excited to welcome you to our Conscious Cocktail Classic.
To enter fill out the form below complete with images and essay to be considered. Winner will receive $500!
- Entries will be accepted between October 1st - October 31st
- Participants must be based in the Pacific Northwest (Seattle, WA or Portland, OR)
- One entry per person, must be solely the original work of the entrant him/herself/themself.
- Entries must complete the entry form in its entirety.
- Entries must be in English.
- Entries that do not include all required information and do not adhere to the foregoing and following requirements will be considered void and will not be considered in the judging of this contest.
- Entries that are deemed by the Sponsor in its sole discretion to be illegal, obscene, profane or not in keeping with the Sponsor’s image will be disqualified.
- Participants must follow @wilderton_free on Instagram.
- Cocktails must be non-alcoholic. Bitters are allowed. Wilderton (Earthen or Lustre) must be the primary ingredient in the cocktail and the only base spirit in the cocktail.
- The cocktail must contain no more than six (6) ingredients: this includes Wilderton, bitters, no more than two (2) homemade ingredients.
- Cocktails must contain standard ingredients. Homemade ingredients must be easily replicable and cannot have more than four (4) components. Examples of homemade ingredients are shrubs and syrups. No infusions.
- Garnish is additional should not be cooked or molecular.
- Submissions should be easy to recreate in any bar program and should not include ingredients that would be difficult for any bartender or consumer to access.
- The Wilderton cocktail recipe must have a name. The name may not include any copyrighted or trademarked material or any retailer’s name. The cocktail name must not contain any profanity or derogatory language. You may use Wilderton in the name.
- Recipe must have a maximum serve of 11 oz, minimum serve of 4 oz.
- Ingredients must be expressed in fluid ounces (.5 oz., 1 oz., 2 oz., etc.), with dashes and drops being the smallest quantities. Preparation and mixing instructions must be included with your recipe. Specify the type of glassware to be used for serving.
- Flaming cocktails, any hazardous materials, tobacco, any type of drug or psychotropic ingredient are prohibited as ingredients.
- Entries must include the following:
- Detailed Recipe
- Photo of finished cocktail (Note: image is for style reference and can be easily done on a smartphone.)
- Headshot of entrant: Please include a photo of yourself that we could post on social media, website, articles, and in press releases.
- Short answer responses to these questions on the entry form (max 500 words total):
- What is your inspiration for this cocktail?
- What are your thoughts on the zero-proof cocktail movement and non-alcoholic spirits?
- Cocktail Taste, Aroma and Balance: the whole experience when drinking the cocktail.
- Total of 100 points available.
- Eighty (80 points) available for the cocktail recipe
- Cocktail Appearance: How does the cocktail look? 5 points
- Originality and Creativity: Any unusual combination? 25 points
- Technique: 5 points (This is how clearly you describe the execution of the cocktail for recreation)
- Taste: 45 points
- The remaining twenty (20) points can be earned as follows:
- 20 points for a dedicated Instagram feed post and must include relevant tags and hashtags: #Wilderton, #TheWildertonWay, @Wilderton_Free
*Instagram account must be public*
- All submissions will be reviewed by Wilderton to ensure each contestant has fully completed the form and is eligible to compete.
- All completed submissions will then be blind judged by the panel, which is defined as evaluating only the recipe and essay submissions while not considering the name, city, or account of the Competitor.
- The panel of judges includes Wilderton founders Brad Whiting and Seth O’Malley and a special industry guest judge.
- 1 winner and 2 finalists will be selected by November 10th, 2021. Winners will be notified via email.
- Grand Prize: $500 and Wilderton
- 2 Finalists: Wilderton swag bags