Pu’er You At
BITTERSWEET APERITIVO & EARTHEN
A sultry, complex and grown up no-proof cocktail. Drinks like an Old Fashioned, with notes of leather, smoke and burnished citrus.
- 1.5 oz Wilderton Earthen
- 1.5 oz Wilderton Bittersweet Aperitivo
- .5 oz Pu’er Tea Syrup*
- Flamed orange peel
- Add all ingredients to a double old fashioned glass.
- Add a large ice cube and stir 20-30 times to chill cocktail, but not over-dilute.
- Garnish with a flamed orange peel.
- *Pu’er Tea Syrup: In a small saucepan, add 1 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup water and 2 tbsp loose pu’er leaves. Set over low heat and whisk to dissolve sugar. Once sugar has dissolved, remove from heat and allow to steep/cool for 20 minutes. Strain syrup and store in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Invite a refreshing new expression to the evening golden hour with Bittersweet Aperitivo. The intriguing blend of grapefruit, orange blossom, and aromatic herbs will invigorate your taste buds, while the pleasing bittersweet finish will leave you wanting another. Just add soda water, ice, and a twist of fresh lemon for the perfect sunset libation.